HDBaseT Alliance Releases HDBaseT Spec 3.0
HDBaseT Spec 3.0 Announced
Enables fully uncompressed, long-reach HDMI 2.0 4K@60 distribution.
The HDBaseT Alliance recently released Spec 3.0, which delivers high quality and performance with the convergence of ultra-high-speed, uncompressed audio and video, 1 Gb Ethernet, USB 2.0, controls, and power, with zero latency.
HDBaseT Spec 3.0 enables long-reach distribution of uncompressed HDMI 2.0 4K@60 4:4:4 (18 Gbps), while guaranteeing a plug-and-play, future-proof, and interoperable network. Fully backward compatible with previous HDBaseT specifications, HDBaseT Spec 3.0 devices integrates Valens’ VS3000 Stello chipset, now commercialy available.
Valens’ VS3000 ASIC chipset is a highly-integrated device, tailored specifically for the ProAV market and delivering:
- HDBaseT “Port Duality,” which enables a single hardware design with configurable HDBaseT ports that can function as HDBaseT transmitter or receiver ports, providing a single SKU product for end users
- Support for the most advanced video formats, such as Dolby Vision and HDR10
- Enhanced audio capabilities that allowZ for audio insert, extract, and duplication, including S/PDIF and I2S-4, for a full 7.1 channel surround sound system and eARC
- HDCP2.3 and HDCP1.4
- Converged 1 Gb Ethernet, optimizing live video streaming and software upgrades
- USB2.0 for interactive installations